Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Recent Pickup: Polos and Shirts

I had to replace my white and black lacoste polos. I think I had them for like 6 or 7 years so they were getting a little tired and had to get retired. I really like these polos cause they're so light. They really work well with the really humid weather in the summer. They're also really durable. There's something about how they dye them (at least for the coloured ones) that allows them to last for a while without fading too badly.


I picked these two shirts up at Sydney's on Queen. I think they're Nove or something like that. I'm really into plaids and checks and they had a lot of them. I picked the short sleeve one because I like the military style pockets. The long sleeve shirt is linen. Its got some buttons on the sleeves to hold up the sleeves if you roll them up. I'm not sure that a lot of people would be into the brown and blue plaid, I am and it goes well with dark denim. I don't think that North Americans are comfortable with brown and blue combinations. Since we're on the topic, Toronto is also not a big city for plaids and checks in shirts -- its basically a stripped shirt town (dark stripped shirt for going out and a light coloured stripped shirt, possibly cut as a western style shirt, for the daytime/causal wear). So I might get a chance to selectively load up when the summer sales start.

No comments: