Friday, June 1, 2007

A.P.C. Rescues: Update Pictures

These are what they look like. now. They haven't gotten much wear recently. They were shelved in January and February to avoid the salt. In March and April they I was wearing them maybe 2 or 3 days a week. They are my official summer pair, so whenever the humidex tops 30 celius I'm wearing them. They've been seeing a few days of action last week and this week. They haven't been washed since January.

There is some whiskering, but these are too loose to get much happening around the crotch. The leg whiskers/notches are coming along: my right leg has 1 and my left leg has 3. The lap fade isn't overly pronounced right now. I figure it will take a few more washes.

I think that the closeup pictures that follow are a better indication of their true colour. The picture above doesn't really show the lap fade.

The right back pocket has the wallet fade. Here is a closeup.

This is a closeup of the left pocket fading and whiskering. I get a lot more fade on the left side around the pockets. I figure its because I sling my messanger bang on this side, so it kind of rubs more on this side especially down hear the bottom edge of the pocket.

The honey combs are pretty decent on this pair already. I'm hoping that the extra wear they get this summer brings them out a little more. All in all, this pair came out pretty decent. I learned out with this pair, so I figure the pair of rescues i'm breaking in right now will look better than these. Hopefully they won't stink very much after 3 months so I won't have to wash month. I think that 3 month point is the turning point for the high contrast fading with A.P.C.'s. If I can get to 4 months I think this new pair will really have a really nice look to them.


No comments: