Monday, June 4, 2007

Recent Pickup: A.P.C. Shirt



This shirt is from A.P.C's Madras collection, which is mini-collection they release in the summer. I had my eye on two other pieces (a khaki-coloured military shirt and a dark blue plaid shirt) but they sold out in my size. This stuff went super fast. I got the email about the release on a Wednesday or Thursday and most of the stuff was sold out by Monday. The shirt is really nice. It's cut slim, but not sausage casing slim -- so you can move in it without worrying about ripping stuff. It has a military look to it, but I don't think it's a full blown military shirt because it doesn't have the pockets. I think that softens the look of the shirt a bit.

Doing all this mail order business with A.P.C. I've really developed an appreciation for the descriptions they have in their catalogue and on the website. For example, they tell you the cut of the shirt (full, straight or fitted) and then they have the extra detail about whether its narrow in the shoulders. I'm really narrow in the shoulders, so I know if I see the narrow shoulders in a description then I should go for a medium and it will fit well.

I'm really disappointed that I didn't get the other stuff from the Madras line. I've been scouting the website, so I've got a few other things I like that I will make a move on when A.P.C. starts their summer sale. If I can get a few of the things on my wish list I'll be happy.

No comments: