Saturday, September 29, 2007

Review of the Queen Elizabeth Hotel

This is a hotel in Montreal that I had the misfortune to stay at.

The first sign that this was going to bad was that some old white guy was standing next to me in the express line or something like that and the fuckhead at the registration counter called him before me even though i was there before him. Even the guy that got called up couldn't believe that he was being served before me.

The room was described to me as renovated, although when I got up to it all I smelled was tobacco. Whenever the person in the next room flushed their toilet or maybe it was the person above my room it sounded like an airplane was landing/taking off. Another interesting feature of my room was that hot water came out of the tap when I turned on the cold water. I wonder what I would find in an un-renovated room -- perhaps I could get a fatal dose of exposure to asbestos or some other hazardous material.

The bed was relatively good and the TV was a decent size. However, it was extremely cold. I tried to adjust the thermostat in the room but this had no effect. I think I would have been warmer sleeping on the steps of the cathedral across the street that night. Also the air conditioner or whatever was producing the cold was really loud. Interestingly, after I did the express checkout from my room the air conditioning was shut off. I got a chance to look at a room in the Holiday Inn and it was better than the room I had.

The hotel seemed to occupied by these old white guys with big bellies -- they look like they were pregnant -- and red faces -- the double scotch before dinner set. However, the next day I saw a lot of slutty looking women in the hotel. I know that there was a golf tournament or something like the days I was there, which probably explains the old white guys. It's debatable what the hot chicks were there for -- maybe they were call girls visiting the old guys.

I believe that the Queen Elizabeth is supposed to be a four star hotel. I'm not sure how many chromosomes the person who assigned that rating is missing, but I wouldn't even given a zero bunny rating. It should get a negative rating -- avoid at all costs.

No comments: