Thursday, March 1, 2007

Sugarcane 1955: Part I, What I Like

These are my Sugarcane 1955. The pics are post-wash after about 3-months (Oct 1 to first week of January) of almost daily wear. The denim is 14.25 oz, one wash at purchase. I wouldn't say that the denim is slubby, but the selvage seam is defintely a lot coarser than what you get with 1947 Sugarcanes. It's pink line selvage by the way. I got them hemmed to length, with a "chainstiched" hem (more on that in the next post). The pictures were taken in a basement under a flourscent light with the flash on.

I was really suprised about how quickly the indigo started to fade from the points where there whiskers, creases and honeycombs. I mean you could see the indigo start fading around the crotch whiskers after 4 weeks. I didn't get much of a lap fad, but then I don't wear these hard. Basically I just walk and sit down. The honeycombs came in a little better than I thought they would, although it might be hard to tell in the pictures. In natural light you can see them a little better and they extend for quite a bit on the back of my leg. I get some crazy creasing and fading near the hems because I walk a lot and get caught in the rain quite a bit.

I'm still getting used to blogger, so the picture placement isn't great.

Here they are:



































































No comments: