Saturday, October 20, 2007

Jamie Kennedy at the Gardiner

I had lunch there again. The menu has changed since the last time I was there, which is always a relatively good sign. They still had the yukon gold frites, which I suppose is their signature dish.

I got a different impression of the room. The last time I was there I thought it was like a T shape to it. This time it looked like a big box with a little rectangle coming off to side. They look to have a big partition wall that they left open this time around. I guess they might use the partition to create some of sort of private dining room for special events or something. I kind of like the place a little more with the wall open because it seems a lot more open and you get a lot more light. When they seat you they ask you whether you prefer the big room or off to the side -- if you want to have more private conversation kind of seating.

The service is pretty casual and competent. We kind of lingered around at the end and they didn't try to get us out of the place, which was kind of nice.

There weren't a lot of old people this time around, it looked to me much younger and female crowd this time around -- not that I'm complaining.

I shared the frites to start. They were nice and crisp. They are so well done. They come with some mayonaise on the side, and they taste so good with it. I had a chicken pot pie for my main. It was really filling. They serve it really warm, so its like a really good dish on a cold day when you need something warm. If I wanted to complain about anything I would have liked more mashed patatoes in the filing. Didn't have desert, so I'm not sure if they changed the desert menu as well.

Overall, I don't think that I was disapointed by anything this time around. But I didn't see any reason for me to up my rating from the first time around. If they start having a dinner (besides the friday night) I could see some upside on the bunnies, but right now its just a real good place to go to lunch.


Rating: 1 Bunny

Notes on the Bunny Rating System:
  • 0 or no Bunnies, it's a waste of time; don't go.
  • 1 Bunny, the place is worth checking out.
  • 2 Bunnies, you should go out of your way to check out the place; the food is really good and the place is cool.
  • 3 Bunnies, you absolutely have to go there; the food is exceptional and the place is really cool

No comments: