Friday, May 11, 2007

Sugarcane 1955: Update

I took some update shots of my sugarcane '55s . These are taken in natural (late-afternoon) light. They don't have much more wear than the pictures I took in January. They were shelved in January and February to protect them from the salt. I wore them maybe 2 or 3 days a week in March and April. They look a little grimy. That's because I put them down on the concrete, but the concrete has all the dust and dirt from the winter. I took the back shots first, which explains why the front of jeans look dirty. Oh well ....

You can really see the colour and fading here. The lap fade isn't really intense yet -- I think it would need another couple of months of almost daily wear. However, there's a lot of high contrast fade happening around the crotch and the front pockets.



These are close ups of the crotch and pocket areas. As I said there is a lot of high contrast fade happening.
The honeycombs behind the knees are also be seen more clearly with the natural light. They extend for quite a bit on the legs.



I'm not sure that these will get much wear before the fall. I've been wearing a new pair of A.P.C rescues the last few weeks and they'll be my main pair on the days it doesn't get too hot and humid. I figure my worked in pair of A.P.C. rescues will the primary hot weather jean because they are light weight denim and they aren't as dark. I could wear these canes, but I'd like to bring out the lap fad a and the honeycombs little more. This means I should put off washing them, which will be hard to do if I wear them on those really hot and humid summer days.

No comments: