Friday, April 6, 2007

American Apparel Ads


I'm a real fan. I figured out that they get the back cover of the NOW on a fortnightly basis. I look forward to them. I've collected a few of them. The ads are little too big for my scanner, so I had to snap the pictures. I use old NOW's in my office to keep my boots on in the winter. You can see the girls and stuff there with different kinds of salt stains. I had a few old issues with the ads facing up and this generated a comment from a colleague about the girls being underage. Of course, he didn't know that the legal age in Canada is 14, so I quickly corrected him. I think he was trying to tell me it was inappropriate to have the pictures of the girls in my office.

I wonder if Dov Charney comes up these? If he does, he is brilliant. I love this colored tights one. The girl pulls down the tights low in a few. I wonder if he's going to collect this into some sort of book when he's done. It'd be like the "The Photography of American Apparel". I'd add it to my collection.


I like the slideshows on the website as well.

No comments: